Thursday, January 26, 2006

Spying -- Domestic or Otherwise

I'm just going to lay it out for you -- I don't approve of the Bush Administration's Spy Games. Listening in on Americans' phone calls without getting that special court's permission (which, apparently, is pretty damn easy) up to _72 hours_ after the actual spying part is just plain lazy.

I hate most everything about the Bush Administration, from the cow-towing to religious nuts to the race bating to the sheer stupidity of our Commander in Chief (and God help me, I hate the fact that this moron is the President). I despise the fact that the Supreme Court is about to be taken over by a bunch of over-privileged little men who hate women (yet love fetuses -- fetusi?) and black people (yes, Clarence Thomas, I think you are consumed with self-loathing), and the environment. The supreme arrogance of the Bush Administration, as the whole Iraq debacle demonstrates more powerfully each day, will probably be cataloged in history books 100 years from now -- if the U.S.A. is still a viable country by then.

But having to listen to Alberto Gonzales explain that the Administration just doesn't have time to be through the hassle of applying for FISA permission, having to fill out the paperwork, explain why they needed to listen in on these phone calls -- hell, that's just insulting! It's also lazy, lazy, lazy.

I'm sick to death of the Bush Administration stomping all over the Constitution, acting as if there is no such thing as checks and balances and separation of powers. And I'm even more sick that Americans don't seem to be overly alarmed by the fact that their government is spying on them.

Well, I hope the Bush Administration is tracking me because right now I'm giving each and every one of them my middle finger.

Love,

Gardener (but they already know all about me, I'm sure)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?