Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's getting too easy

When Pat Robertson (a.k.a. Crazy Fool -- see my previous blog entries) announced last week that Ariel Sharon's massive stroke was God's punishment for Sharon's willingness to work with the Palestinians, I resisted my usual urge to mock him relentlessly in this blog. Not that I wasn't amused by C.F.'s latest pronouncement. It's just that mocking C.F. is too easy these days.

My parents, who are good people who nevertheless voted for our primate-in-Chief, had the best explanation I've heard for C.F.'s ridiculous charges. They suspect he has some form of dementia, and I'm thinking they might be right.

I realize those smart South Park boys wouldn't let a little thing like Alzheimer's deter them -- they regularly mock the mentally disabled, so I feel sure they have a Robertson-themed show in the works (and I am also sure it will be screamingly funny. I love those guys, even when they make me feel smarmy for laughing.). But I'm just not that cool. In truth, I'm not cool at all, which makes me cool in some quarters. You're not? Well, then you are! Very confusing.

So I suppose I'll back off on C.F. for a while. After all, there are tons of other people I could mock and not feel a twinge of guilt. Ann Coulter? You're on my list, and it ain't no gift list, missy!

Okay, one parting shot. Are Dick Cheney's many ailments God's punishment for a lifetime of being a dick? Or is Dick Cheney America's punishment for being stupid enough to elect (then reelect) a bunch of neocons (hey, that sort of rhymes with morons)?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?