Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bird Flu (or what happens when you mouth-kiss animals)

Yesterday, I read an article entitled, "Girl Gets Bird Flu After Kissing Chicken." The little girl in question lives in, I believe, Turkey, and the bird in question was her "pet" chicken. Apparently, the chicken was dying and she kissed it goodbye. On the mouth. If a beak is actually considered a mouth.

Now, I love animals, too, and I've been known to kiss my kitty-cats on the tops of their heads, but I absolutely abhor mouth-kissing between humans and animals. My pal, D., actually lets his dog lick him on the face! I can't even watch that without channeling Lucy Van Pelt: "AAARRGGH!! I've been kissed by a dog! Get the disinfectant!" I like dogs, but I have no desire to French-kiss them.

So don't go kissing chickens (or any other animal) on the mouth. It is unsanitary, and you might get the Bird Flu. Also, it is creepy.

While we're at it, don't go kissing Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity on the mouth, either. I have a strong suspicion that they've spent a good bit of time sniffing around George Bush's nether-regions. You'd be better off letting a dog lick your face, and you already know how I feel about that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?